Wednesday, June 24, 2009

36-week appointment

So the fun has begun! My weekly appointments and cervical exams started as of today and I feel very discouraged.... given that I was induced with Olivia and things were exactly the same when I was this far along! ;(
I had my GBS test done, which was no big deal and then my doctor checked my cervix for progress. While he said that my cervix is soft and about 50% effaced, he also told me that it's totally closed (no dilation), which only means that my body has no idea what it's doing and the light at the end of the tunnel is not as close as I had hoped for!
On a good note, he said that baby Gaby is well positioned, already head down and he said that although the head was still "pretty high", he could feel it, which is good news...
My blood pressure was 110/70 and Gaby's heartbeat was around the high 140's, not bad at all!
Overall, the doctor is still very optimistic about me going to labor on my own and he said that it might still be too early for my cervix to start to dilate....he said that even if I end up being induced, labor should be easier than the first time around...which wasn't bad at all!
I am really hoping I don't go past my due date and baby Gaby decides to make her appearance sooner than later!
My next appointment was scheduled for 07/01 and then I have an ultrasound on 07/02 to check the baby's weight and fluid levels.
Please pray for me!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I started my "fun" weekly appointments today too! Good luck dilating and going into labor by your due date.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I probably will go over my due date...just because it is my first.