Saturday, February 7, 2009

Prenatal Vitamins

I've never been one to take vitamins but most doctors recommend some sort of prenatal vitamin during pregnancy... This recommendation came as a surprise to me since none of the vitamins offered for pregnant women are agreeing with my stomach....
At first I was taken the DuetDhA prenatal vitamins, which cost me about $60 per month (as a copay)... I thought it was outrageous to pay that much for vitamins that would make me puke every time I took them...
Then I started taking some over-the-counter vitamins that I found at the Vitamin Shoppe; those were even worse because I had to take them twice a day and they had an after taste, which was nasty...
...so I gave up on taking vitamins and figured I would just eat healthy and take care of myself....
A few months into the pregnancy I decided to give vitamins another shot and bought the CVS brand of prenatal vitamins... and I have to say, they have worked wonders!!! I feel accomplished to have found vitamins that actually helped my energy and who would have thought that the better ones would be the cheapest ones! Yay for trying a different brand!

No comments: