Thursday, May 21, 2009

Really low blood pressure!

So far, this pregnancy has been a good one... Aside from the  common symptoms of pregnancy, I have been able to keep the "bad" under control and have had a rather uneventful journey....
Yesterday, however, I freaked out a bit when I took my blood pressure at home and it was 90/40.. I thought that was kind of low and decided to call my doctor's office, just to make sure that such low numbers were not dangerous or abnormal in any way... 
Well, the nurse didn't return my call until today (which is an OK turn around time) and I proceeded to tell her about my concern... She questioned my eating habits and I told her I normally eat breakfast, lunch and dinner... she then told me that I wasn't eating enough and I should be snacking at least every 2 hours!, "what if I'm not hungry?", I asked.. and she said.. you HAVE to eat more than your regular meals... 
So, here I am... I feel like such a bad mother for starving my baby, but then again, I feel fine... isn't that a sign that my baby is fine as well?.... after hearing what the nurse had to say... I guess not!

1 comment:

Holly said...

my friend kim is pregnant too, she has low blood pressure as well and they told her the same thing. problem is she eats like a cow (haha her words not mine) so who knows what the deal is. do you get dizzy and lightheaded too? she does. she can't even go grocery shopping because being on her feet that long makes her dizzy and she feels like she has to pass out. i hope it gets better for you!